MUEMAIL Archives

August 1994

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John B Harlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 15:15:20 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Since John Harlan recently created a newsgroups "mu.advising.seap" for
> advising notices, questions, etc. for students in the School of Educ. and
> Allied Prof. AND since incoming students are going to be assigned logon
> id's, I have a request to make.  I do not know who to direct this to, but
> perhaps the Microcomputing Committee or someone in the Computing Center
> could do it.  I would like to encourage students to use e-mail by telling
> them that at each computer in the student computing centers (or at least at
> each center) there is a sheet of step-by-step instructions for logging onto
> and using electronic mail for IBM's and Macs.  Does anyone else have other
> ideas to encourage students to use e-mail or have other suggestions to make
> this possible???

The MCIS Learning Technologies Centers in MacCracken, Reid, Kreger and Hughes
have handout materials for students on logging into their new MiamiU and
MiaVX1 accounts and using e-mail.  In addition, the MCIS Applied Technologies
Media Creation staff is presently developing an interactive instructional
program that will be available in all four Learning Technologies Centers. It
should become available by mid- to late-September.

The same announcement text regarding computing accounts that appears in
today's issue of the _Miami Report_ has also been supplied to the _Miami
Student_ for publication in an early issue.

--

                          John B Harlan
        Campus Wide Information Systems (CWIS) Coordinator