MUEMAIL Archives

October 2001

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:11:22 -0400
1) Find a way to keep ph redirection active while mail is being migrated
from stream to muaix03.

Ph redirection will remain active during the migration.  Mail destined for
recipients @po.muohio.edu will be queued until the move is finished.  The
gory details will be incorporated into the Migration Plan.

2) Test moving a mailbox from stream to muaix03.  Check to see if once you
transfer the mail the mail client downloads all of your mail again.

A test move was done.  Performance was acceptable even with the current
processing load on stream.  We are sticking with two days as the estimated
time required to move everyone from stream to muaix03.  The Sendmail
consultant (a.k.a. Bobcat) is getting together a list of POP clients that
will attempt to download all of their mail once it is moved.  I will send
that information to this list.  Bobcat tells me that later versions of
Eudora will not pull down all of the mail again.

3) Move muwnt04 and muwnt05 into the machine room and behind the local
director and test.

Both machines are in the machine room.  The new domain name/ip addresses
are muwnt04-2.mcs.muohio.edu/134.53.7.74 and
muwnt05-2.mcs.muohio.edu/134.53.7.75. I will work on getting them behind
the local director tomorrow.  The virtual service domain name will be
mailscan.muohio.edu.

- Steve