MUEMAIL Archives

October 2001

MUEMAIL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Electronic Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:48:03 -0500
The mail migration from stream to muaix03 grinds on. 233 faculty (faculty
are done) and 177 of 306 staff members have been moved this weekend.  There
are approximately 2250 undergrads in the POP3 group left to move.  These
students have the largest number of mail files so their moves are taking a
long time.

Kent identified 2?? clients that have imap subfolders.  We will work on
those this week.

There were over 100 unique "User unknown" listings in the maillog
yesterday.  Of those the following have NDS accounts.  Mailboxes were
created for these clients.

   cn : blevenda
   cn : coopernw
   cn : durrdm
   cn : gamblecl
   cn : johnso52
   cn : hesterms
   cn : mamodes1
   cn : reevescl
   cn : simonsb1
   cn : smithss
   cn : szulgam
   cn : thomasmb
   cn : whitakpj
   cn : youngrm1

The NOC restarted the SAMS server this morning.  I will implement (with
input from the NOC and the Support Center) a daily restart of the server to
address the memory leak in the POP3 server.

- Steve