OHIOFIRE Archives

February 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Francis J Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:46:36 EST
Does anyone have information on dealing with Club Drugs such as MDMA
a.k.a. Ecstasy or XTC at campus concerts or Rave parties?  I know it is not
a fire question but situations involving this epidemic are a major concern on
our campus.  We transport many students by ambulance to local hospitals
from these events.

What staffing do you require at concerts, is it only police or do you have fire
personnel and medical personnel also.

Any information will be a big help.  Thanks.
Deputy Chief Francis Williams
UConn Fire Department
126 North Eagleville Road
Storrs, Conn. 06269-3165