OHIOFIRE Archives

February 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
BARR RICH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:44:06 -0600
Ed, at 1:02 this morning we had a fire at the Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity at
KU. This is one of the houses that was vacated June 1, 2000 due to
noncompliance with our sprinkler ordinance and it was unoccupied at the time
of the fire. Utilities were terminated in June when all occupants were
required to vacate.

Preliminary damage estimates are $300,000. No injuries or fatalities. The
investigation is ongoing to determine who may have been inside the structure
at the time of the fire..Rich Barr