OHIOFIRE Archives

August 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Michael J. Fox" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:08:09 -0400
Can anyone give me reasons why I cannot use phosphorescent exit signs such
as the Duraglo brand in our buildings? Our AHJ will not accept them and
says that they do not meet NFPA specifications. All of the buildings that
we would be using them in have emergency lighting, either by battery pack
units or by alternate service into the building. We do not want to run
exposed conduit in some of our aesthetically sensitive buildings and
chopping into the walls isn't an option.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Michael Fox
Dep. Fire Inspector
Yale University