OHIOFIRE Archives

August 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Basher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:15:19 -0400
At Colgate University, we have placed the stopper II on all the pull
stations on our residential life buildings.
This has reduced the malicious ""Pull Station"" alarms.
We work very hard and fast to catch the responsible person.  When he or she
is apprehended this person is arrested and appears before the local judge
for falsely reporting an incident.
The local judge fines the person around $250.00 and makes the person work
for the village for around 80 hours at no pay.
After all that, the person returns to face JBoard on campus.
The person is subject to a minimum of $150.00 and public service on campus
as well. Then possible suspension for at least one semester or kicked out of
school for good.

John Basher
Assistant Director of Fire Safety
Colgate University