OHIOFIRE Archives

November 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Shewbrooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:19:19 -0500
The Hospital Fire Marshals' Association, an organization of more than 350
members from healthcare and educational facilities is accepting original
articles concerning fire and safety in colleges, universities,and healthcare
facilities.

The Hospital Fire Marshals' Association is a totally volunteer organization
made up of members having an interest in maintaining safe campuses, nursing
homes, hospitals and other similar institutions.

Our newsletter, HFMA News has been fortunate in aquiring healthcare safety
articles but often struggle to include worthwhile information for our members
who work in educational facilities.

Interest in our organization has grown in the past few years and we want to
continue providing our membership with pertinent information.

We are based in the Philadelphia area, but members are scattered throughout
the country because of the product we offer at such a low cost. Membership is
only $25. a year and includes 12 monthly newsletters, membership card and
certificate suitable for framing, reduced and low cost seminars, free video
lending library and more. If interested, e-mail me for a brochure explaining
the organization.

In the interim, back to my original request. Original articles for the
newsletter can be sent to HFMA News, P.O. Box 95, Philadelphia, PA
19105-0095. Include your name, title and mailing address in order to get
credit for your masterpiece and to allow me to send a copy to you for your
files.

You can reach me by phone at 215-503-7153. I have the fire and safety
responsibilities at Thomas Jefferson University, a prestigious medical school
with minimal problems compared to large universities. You can help your fellow
colleagues become better informed through the HFMA News.  I'm sorry, but all
articles will become property of the HFMA and no cash payment can be offered.
Hope to hear from many of you.

Bob Shewbrooks
Facilities Safety Officer/Fire Marshal
Thomas Jefferson University