OHIOFIRE Archives

November 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Teresa Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:13:31 -0800
[log in to unmask] writes:
>This is directed to Fire Safety Solutions Inc.
>
>I can certainly appreciate input of safety matters from any reputable
>source, but I thought this forum was to be limited to UNIVERSITY SAFETY
>PERSONNEL. I know it is difficult to keep outsiders...outside, so any
>thing that can be done would be aprreciated. I enjoy conversing with my
>peers and would like to keep it limited to that forum.

Hello Fellow List Members,

I just joined the list this week.  I am Teresa Robertson of the California
State University in Bakersfield.

My humble opinion is that Fire Safety Solutions provided information of
worth and did not break any rules of the list (I just read them, having
just signed on)....I do not understand why you would want to dismiss
information that is not only valuable, but extremely pertinent to this
discussion list.....

"Here are a few rules concerning this list:

1) This list is open to anyone who has a vested interest in the fire
prevention efforts at any college or university.

2) This list will not be used to sell any products. Discussion of products
and items is encouraged. (I do not want advertisers using this list to
send out product information).

3) The content of the list will be strictly fire safety and fire
prevention topics. Including: public education, training programs for
faculty, staff and students, fires or other problems at schools, fire
detection and suppression systems, etc..

4) Job announcements for other fire safety positions are encouraged

5) Information on training sessions and similar information is encouraged
as well.