PARTNERS Archives

January 2001

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:31:43 -0500
There are many ways this particular sequence can be addressed.

Critical thinking:

Ask students to compare various sites, compare and contrast how they
approach hate.  In what ways are they similar, in what ways are they
dissimilar?  What types of evidence is there to suggest that there may be
bias in their presentations?  What kinds of strategies do they use for
organizing?

Historical analysis:

What types of historical claims are made? What can be said regarding the
historical accuracy of these claims?

Science and bigotry:

Often science (especially within social and biological) is used to buttress
the arguments of bigotry.  In what ways is the illusion of credibility
fostered by reliance on pseudo-scientific observations, reports, and
conclusions?

Finally, these questions can also be used to develop discussions among
students on black board.  These are merely my suggestions, i am sure that
there are many others which would be equally beneficial to our project.

rodneycoates
For more of my poetry please check out

http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html

umoja

only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified

rodneyc..