SAKAIGOV Archives

April 2011

SAKAIGOV@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IT Services Sakai Gov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:14:59 -0400
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Poley, Sean A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The Niihka Advisory Committee Charter is currently being drafted
> (Please see attached).

Two things:

1) more about process, but shouldn't this (the attached Word document)
be on the Confluence wiki, since this is where we've been doing all
our work?

2) I've started to get worried about the lack of an explicit
distinction between CLE and OAE in our planned governance process. In
short, I worry that if we don't explicitly account for this we
potentially setup a situation that will tend to focus on short-term
strategy around CLE at the expense of long-term strategy around OAE.
Is there something we can do to avoid this?

This is also related to a much bigger problem, which is the lack of a
larger longer-term strategy that cuts across all IT at MU; one simple
example is the ovelap between the portal and Niihka; we have no
governance structure (or even mechanisms for informal conversation)
across these concerns. The result, again, will tend to lead to ad hoc
decision-making without clear overarching strategy.
--
Bruce D'Arcus
Associate Professor, Graduate Director