SPEDNET Archives

January 2004

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tom Southern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:36:39 -0500
Hello, All,

Applications:
     The new applications for admission to special education are available from Patty
Swanson.  The procedure looks a little different so take time to review the package.
Materials will be due no later than March 1.

Reading Course
     For anyone who  needs the reading course  during the summer  too meet state
requirements we have identified some preliminary times:

June 14 to July 2 from 9 to 12.  It will be held in a nearby school and the instructor
will be Dr. Frank Fitch.

Praxis Practice:

As you plan to take the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) test during
the spring 2004 semester, plan on attending one of the review sessions for the PLT
Praxis test that will take place on the following dates:
February 12—2:00—3:30  Harrison Hall   Room 204
February 12—4:30—6:00  Harrison Hall   Room 111
February 19—4:30—6:00  Harrison Hall   Room 111
Sessions will be limited to 30 participants.  You must register for the workshop you
plan to attend.  To register, e-mail [log in to unmask] by Thursday,  February 5,
2004.

Also, don't forget the Praxis sessions for Special Education Tests.  If you haven't
done so, email me with your intent to attend.

Tom southern