SPEDNET Archives

November 2000

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:00:25 -0500
        There are 228 subscribers on this SPEDNET listserv composed of 219
majors, pre-majors, and minors with and without certification with the
remainder including faculty and support staff associated with special
education.
        As temporary program coordinator I have become aware of the
intricacies involved, for many of you, in efficiently negotiating a four
year program. We are currently in the midst of completing the old
certification program and instituting the new licensure program. Although I
have talked with some of you individually about specific issues I would
like the opportunity to learn more broadly the impact of the special
education program on your lives, what you may perceive as particularly
valuable aspects of the program, and what you may perceive as issues that
need to be addressed.
        I would like to offer the opportunity to meet and listen to your
perceptions of the special education program and have designated four
meeting times, hopefully one of which will be relatively convenient for
you. I appreciate that perceptions of those now in student teaching may be
entirely different than those who are pre-majors but would like to hear
from those at both beginning and concluding stages of their undergraduate
lives.
        The meetings will all be in Room 202 McGuffey (Hiestand Room). I
would appreciate an email if you are planning to attend only so I can
arrange appropriate amount of pizza and chairs (email [log in to unmask]).
The dates and times are:
        1-Monday, December 4, noon
        2-Tuesday, December 5, noon
        3-Wednesday, December 6, 5:00