SPEDNET Archives

February 2005

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tom Southern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:12:33 -0500
Best Buddies
Best Buddies is sponsoring an outing for Miaami students and MRDD coonsumers
on Friday, February 11 at 7:35 p.m. at the Goggin Ice Arena.  This is a
great opportunity to get to make some new friends with disabilities in the
area.

Student CEC
Student Council for Exceptional Children will be meeting Feb 16th at 7pm
In room Irvin 124.  Molly Kelly-Elliot will be talking about IDEA-2004
re-authorization: What are some of the changes and how will they
effect special education?  And come find out about all the activities going
on this semester!

Volunteer Opportunities
I have been approached by a couple of local families who have children with
autism.  One is a five year old who is in need of persons to help with play
and interventions.  The other is a 12 year old who requires child care for a
couple of hours in the afternoon.  Both children are even-tempered and are
easy to interact with.  Contact me if you might be insterested and I will
put you in touch with the families.