SPEDNET Archives

November 2001

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:44:30 -0500

Advisory Council for Special Education
        I would like to have an advisory council for special
education comprised of a mixture of folk representing the various
licensure areas and cohort years. I think meeting on a regular basis
with representatives from each cohort would allow an opportunity to
anticipate scheduling and program concerns. Also, I would like to
recommend one or two of our majors to represent special education on
the Dean's Advisory Council. What I am asking for now are some
volunteers who would be willing assume this responsibility. Talk
amongst yourselves or volunteer independently. Please let me know by
this Friday if you would be willing to serve if asked.

SCEC Meeting this Tuesday
        The next SCEC meeting is Tuesday, November 27, 2001.  It will
be held in 372 McGuffey and the meeting will start at 7:00 PM.  Dr.
Mary Ulrich will be speaking about her personal encounters with
inclusion.

Scheduling for Spring 02
        I believe that all the major scheduling problems (497, 256,
455, 476) for Spring semester have been partially or entirely solved.
We have added sections for all those courses to accommodate student
schedule and student need. If you still have a glitch for Spring then
stop in and talk with Jean Sheran in Room 201 McGuffey. If you do
have a glitch,  DON'T FIX IT YOURSELF but taking courses out of
sequence since that may come back to haunt you. Check first.

Job Openings
        The principal of Lemon-Monroe High School, Rob Armodio
indicates a job opening for special education teacher. Info at LM
H.S. 101 West Elm St. Monroe, OH 45050, 513/539-8471
        Principal of Libery Junior High in Lakota will be hiring one
teaching in Sept. Contact Principal Ronald Spurlock, 513/777-4420 if
interested.

Alex Thomas
Educational Psychology
Miami University