SPEDNET Archives

April 1998

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rick Welsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:40:02 EDT
If you are planning next year's staff development, please go to this web page.

(click here-->) <A HREF="http://www.itpgraphics.com/nobox">
http://www.ITPGRAPHICS.com/nobox</A>

Topics include:

Adapting instruction for inclusive classrooms and in class support
Team teaching theory and application

Expected outcomes:

 1. Reduce the need to (and therefore the cost of) referring students to
special education.
 2. Improve classroom performance and test scores of identified and
unidentified students.
 3. Achieve maximum utilization of current regular, special education and
special area staff.

The strength of this training that is that it can take place during the school
day, in your classrooms,
with your teachers and their students. Your staff will learn on their terms.
No generalization necessary.

References are available from Departments of Education in several states.

 Other available references include directors of special education programs,
building principals, regular and special education teachers and students.

If you ever have a moment to chat about your in class support or inclusion
programs, I am frequently availsuccessble online .
My E-mail address is <A HREF="[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>. If you
can't chat, please check my web page at :

(click here--> )<A HREF="http://www.itpgraphics.com/nobox">
http://www.ITPGRAPHICS.com/nobox</A>

Rick Welsh, Speech/language pathologist
National Educational Consultant