SPEDNET Archives

April 2004

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tom Southern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:43:17 -0400
SCEC Meeting
The Student Council for Exceptional Children will meet at 6:00 PM, Monday, April
26, in Irvin 030.

Confusion About Reading
Several students concerning the suggested reading sequence have contacted me.
Please be aware that the 12-hour sequence is required by the State of Ohio as a
condition for licensure.  All students graduating after July 1 of 2002 are covered in
this legislation.  Before you can be issued a 2-year provisional license you transcript
must document these hours.  This not related to reading endorsement and is not
elective.  It is mandatory.

Correction to Undergraduate Reading Sequence:
In the undergraduate reading sequence, I inadvertently typed EDT 497 as one of the
courses.  It should read EDP 497.

Further not for Middle Childhood block participants:
Middle Childhood field block special education students should register for EDT
311C.  This is the one designated for our students.