SPEDNET Archives

September 1997

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 21:20:53 -0500
Dear fellow special education majors and minors,

Hi!  I'm Sarah Voss and I am a part of the Host Committe that is bringing
the AIDS Memorial Quilt to campus on Sept. 20-21.  We are planning on
setting up an area in Millett hall for the younger visitors, K-7th grade,
and we would love to have volunteers to help.  We are planning on having
the children watch movies, journal, draw and make a small quilt piece of
their own about themselves.  They will also be discussing the significance
of the Quilt and their feelings about the experience.  The activities will
vary depending on age appropriateness, of course.  If you are interested
in helping out for an hour or two please let me know.  My email address is
posted and my phone # is 524-8857.

Thanks for your time!

Sarah Voss
Co-Chair Education Committee