SPEDNET Archives

September 2001

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alex Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:25:01 -0400
                MEMORIAL SERVICE - MILLETT HALL - 11:30 FRIDAY

Attention ECIS students
        Dr. Bergen and Dr. Ulrich will be holding two scheduling
advising times to assist those of you who are not sure what to
schedule for next semester. The first is on Tuesday, Sept. 24th and
the second is on Wednesday, Sept. 25th. The time each day is 2:00 PM
to 4:00 PM. You may come any time during those hours to be helped.
The sessions will be held in Rm 202 (Heistand Room). It would help us
in planning if you would email Dr. Bergen ([log in to unmask]) to say
which day and about what time you are coming, if you do plan to
attend. No need to reply if you don't plan to attend.

Heads up ALL M/I and M/M Students Taking EDT Methods Next Semester -
Make an Appointment with Jean Sheran
        If you are planning to take EDT 346 and EDT 429 next
semester, we need to know who you are. You should also be taking
special education methods and the associated practicum (EDP 495 for
M/M and EDP 458 for M/I along with the appropriate EDP 459 practicum
course). Please sign up for an advising time with Jean in Room 201 so
we can assure that you will get the classes you need for the program
you are in.

First Student CEC Meeting, Tuesday, 7:00 PM, September 25, Room 372 McGuffey.
        Please plan to attend and join the student CEC club
specifically for special education majors, minors, and those
interested in special education  issues. We all need to have contact
with our professional community.
        The first meeting will feature Tom Knestrict talking on "What
New Teachers Need to Know About Maintaining Classroom Discipline".
        This will be on Tuesday evening, 7:00 PM, September 25, in room 372 McGuffey.

Student Teachers for Spring 02
        I have received Spring 02 student teaching applications from
Mandy Fordham, Emilie Waller, Kristy Proctor, Melany Brown, Megan
Edwards, Erin McDonough, Randi Slutsky, Sarah Kirsch, Kathleen Reagh,
Robbie Frazer, Leslie Abrams, Summer Clouse, Katherine Bilodeau, Erin
Cahill, Leah Steinke, Michelle Langdon, Heather Hall, Scott Crouch,
and Heather Kaluga. If you think you are student teaching and your
name is not mentioned, something is amiss and you should email me now
and plan to see me Monday.

Fingerprinting for Those Ohio Residents Graduating in December 2001
or May 2002 or August 2002
        A reminder that anyone pursuing a license MUST have their
fingerprints cleared within one year prior to a license being
granted. If you are graduating in those times mentioned above you can
get your fingerprints done now. A more expensive ($34.95 rather than
$15.00) but less hassly way is through electronic fingerprinting. On
Tuesday, September 25 from 10:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. this service
will be available (for $34.95) in Room 202 McGuffey.

Alex Thomas
Educational Psychology
Miami University
201 McGuffey Hall