SPEDNET Archives

February 1997

SPEDNET@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Special Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:19:02 -0500
Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah Voss.  I am on the Miami University Quilt Display Host
Committee.  This committee is applying to the NAMES project committee to
bring a piece of the AIDS quilt to our campus next year (Sept. 20-21).  We
have preliminary approval, though we are NOT allowed to say it is
officially coming yet (politics :)).  I am appealing to all of the
wonderful Special ed. minors and majors out there for volunteers. We need
people to read names during the ceremony for one hour intervals, we need
quilt folders and unfolders (it is large and there is a ceremony involved
in folding it), and we need committee members...especially my committee.
I am co-chair of the education committee.  We are in charge of educating
the campus and surrounding community about AIDS/HIV and The Quilt.  Our
committee does not stop working when the display is over.  Our
responsibilities carry on throughout the academic year.  We need help!
There are also other committees that could use a hand such as fundraising,
panelmaking, ceremonies, logistics, accounting, publicity/media and
merchandise.  If you are interested write me or the listserve or call
9-5844.  The time committment is about 1 hour every other week until the
end of the year and probably a little more next year.

Thanks for your time!

Sarah