SWE Archives

October 2006

SWE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Catherine B. Almquist" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Society of Women Engineers at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:19:37 -0400
My daughter is in a cadets girl scout troop who has done the Miami SWE GSD.
There are a few girls who are very interested in helping out at GSD at Miami
this year.  Would SWE be willing to allow them to help out...maybe take care
of a booth or two?  From my experience, they should be able to handle a
booth with a little training beforehand....

Have we thought about how much to charge each scout?  We should charge
enough to cover the cost of consumables (bags, patches, pens, etc. etc.).

Do we want patches?  Last year, I purchased the patches for GSD...so if you
want patches, I will arrange to have them purchased again...They contained
the logo for SWE and were black and white....otherwise, the colors would
have to conform with SWE standards (I think green and gold???)....The other
option is to design a new patch w/o the SWE logo...then we can have it any
color we would like....but this takes time and we need to give the patch
company time to prepare it.....

Last year, I think the girls earned 3-4 badges by attending GSD.  If you
need help w/r/t requirements for badges, I will secure copies of badge
requirements if we don't already have them...just let me know.

Good luck!

Regards,

Catherine L. B. Almquist
Paper and Chemical Engineering