MGTDEV-L Archives

April 1997

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Emil Zahner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:01:56 -500
To: Multiple recipients of list MG-ED-DV <[log in to unmask]>
and the Creativity Consortioum Toronto ON - the International Club
for Lateral Thinkers

I thought that members of this list and of the Creativity Consortioum
Toronto ON would be interested in the Course of Systematic Innovation
which I am offering through Conestoga College (Kitchener ON) Training
and Development Division.

Improveing Thinking Performance
The roots of the trained principles go back to Goethe, who proved the
link between ape and man - quite a dangerous statement at his time.
Goethe created the term Morphology (or spelled it out the first time).
His research uses many elements of morphological thinking, a term
introduced by Fritz Zwicky in his "design" of Creative Morphology,
or General Morphology. Morphology applied in medicine, linguistics,
metalurgy, etc. are subsets of General Morphology as a science.
Zwicky was a fascinating person, I am glad to have him met personally.
He was "student" of Einstein, astronomer, and during World War 2 head
of Aerojet, where he designed jet engines and rockets from scratch,
whose principles were unknown in U.S., and which were flying in Europe.
About 20 jet propulsion patents and the medal of honor prove Zwicky's
contributions. Besides this, and more, this astronomer invented the
curly yarn, when consulted by Heberlein, Switzerland. It is used in
stretch fabrics.
Zwicky's work was then refined by Hermann Holliger (work sponsored by
Ciba Geigy), who designed the system I am introducing in North America.

5 main elements cover Creative Morphology, or the Creative
Morphological Approach:
Mind - Communication - Organization - Processes - Methodology.
The beauty of the interdisciplinary system is its integralty. The
breakthrough power for finding solutions lies in the methods. The high
interdisciplinary efficiency lies in its integralty. You can read more
about it on my website:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/canmor/index19.htm
I call it Systematic Innovation as a marketing package. Who in
industry would want to start with a new terminology before taking the
course? <smile>. You have to meet people where they are... . In
geographical terms, that means currently Europe and north America.

A few words about myself....
Many years with Raytheon, Decca Navigator, Siemens, etc.
30 years in international marketing, and design of products.
(Mechanical, electronics, measuring equipment, biological cell breaker... )
I designed what the world market didn't offer - and customers needed,
and reordered - even sent some machinery to Japanese subsidiary.
We are definitely talking real world application of creativity.
Creative Morphology helped me to develop new markets, and new products.
I know it works  --  and I know why it works  --  No half time period,
nevertheless very "radiation active".
<smile>

Emil Zahner
Innovation Coach Systematic Innovation
Morphological Institute Canada
Fax 1 519 884 1313       [log in to unmask]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/canmor/index19.htm
Note: Compuserve webserver is sometimes behaving overworked.
Please do try again if you have difficulties to access the CanMor site.