OHIOFIRE Archives

November 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Maas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:34:54 -0500
During the past year the US Fire Administration distributed a video titled
"Get Out and Stay Alive."  It's a rather blunt and "in your face" video
that focuses on a number of student deaths in residence halls and
fraternity and sorority houses.  It stresses the need to take alarms
seriously and know your surroundings and talks about the hazards of being
under the influence of alcohol in an emergency.  USFA says it was
distributed to all colleges and universities throughout the country but
EH&S at Cornell never received a copy so I don't know what department they
sent them to.  We received a copy after one of our police staff saw it at a
conference and requested a copy.  The packet included the video,
facilitator notes and some pamphlets about the video.

Contact information from the packet:

Larry Maruskin
USFA Campus Fire Safety Project Manager
307-447-1141

or

United States Fire Administration
16825 South Seton Ave
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
307-447-1189
http://www.usfa.fema.gov

DANIEL MAAS      (607)254-1634     FAX: (607)255-1642
Emergency Planning Coordinator
Fire Protection & Emergency Services
Cornell University Environmental Health & Safety
EH&S Bldg,  201 Palm Road, Ithaca, NY  14850
email: [log in to unmask]

The comments and views expressed in this communication are
strictly my own and are not to be construed to officially represent
those of my peers, supervisors or Cornell University