Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 00:57:06 -0500 (EST)
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: be aware..from teen
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone!
    I am writing all of you as a fellow Miami student..this past Saturday, I
was leaving First Run at approx 2:15am when one of my best friends(a guy) was
jumped in front of Pedro's. I was with him along with one of my other best
friends(a girl). 2 guys came out of nowhere and threw a bunch of punches at
my friend, whom we had to take to the hospital for stitches for a cut just
below his eye. It happened so fast that my friend had no time to react, and
neither did my other friend or I. Apparently, the 2 guys mistook him for
someone else, because my friend and I were with our guy friend the entire
night and we know he did not anger anyone. My friend is one of the kindest
guys I know. None of us had ever seen the 2 guys that jumped him before.
    While in the waiting room @ McCullough-Hyde, 2 Miami students(both girls)
came in crying, and we later were informed that one of them was a victim of a
rape that occurred that night in front of King Library. Seeing the sadness
and frightenedness in the friends that came to console their friend was very
scary.
    I have never experienced what happened Saturday night before, and I am
writing to inform all of you so that you don't have to experience it either.
( I don't mean to sound like a parent but..)Please be safe when walking
around campus at night, or at any time for that matter. Take a friend with
you if you are going to be studying someplace other than your dorm at night.
You can never be too careful. I don't mean to scare anyone with this email,
but what happened on Saturday, is something that I feel should not go
unnoticed. The police were notified in both cases and I am sure they are
doing all that they can to find those people. Feel free to pass this email on
to your Miami friends. The more people that are aware of crimes like the ones
that occurred on Saturday night, the less fellow Miami students will have to
worry about being safe around campus. I don't mean to sound like a parent
everyone! But, you are all my friends. I just care about all of you and I
want you to be safe!!
Love,
Teen :)