INFO NEEDED: We need Info About YOU. We are updating our database and need to better track your progress through the program so we can anticipate methods, practicum and student teaching and associated areas. Please press reply and answer the following questions or complete the form attached and return via email or drop off in 201 McGuffey. Times_New_RomanName: Are you a Pre-Major, Major, Minor w/lic, or Minor w/o: What is/are your area(s) of concentration (ECIS, MM, MI, Gifted): Current class rank: Year admitted into Miami: Expected semester and year of student teaching: Expected semester and year of graduation: Middle and Adolescent Methods Field Block If you are taking reading or math methods you will naturally need to complete the field assignments associated with the methods classes you are taking. However, you should not have to spend the entire two weeks (or four weeks) in the field unless that is the time it will take to complete your field assignments for the methods classes you are taking. You should not miss any of your other classes which may meet during the day. If you are having difficulty with making these arrangements, please let me know. It is appropriate for everyone to demonstrate in an applied setting what is taught during the methods classes, whether the classes be EDP or EDT. Remember---Student Teaching Applications for Spring 2002 Due Next Week Questions Remember, if you have questions about schedules or your program, Jean Sheran is available on Monday through Thursday for consultation. Simply come down to 201 McGuffey and sign up for a time on her door if she is not immediately available. EDP 497 FOR SPRING 2002 The EDP 497 capstone is very popular and very valuable. It is limited enrollment and we can only take 12 students in a class. If you are a senior, eligible for a capstone, and want to be assured of enrollment in this course, you should sign up in Room 201 McGuffey. All senior special education majors and minors whose name is on the list as of September 14 will be given top priority and others will be accommodated depending on room. If you sign up on the list you should register for EDP 497 for the Monday/Wednesday evening. EDP 496 FOR SPRING 2002 Many of you checked the EDP schedule for Spring 2001 which is posted in 201 McGuffey. Some noticed a conflict with the Monday/Wednesday 497. EDP 496 has been changed to meet 11-12 MWF instead of Wednesday night. Don't Forget Right now, please scroll to the top of this message, press reply, and complete the information requested in the first item for this SPEDNET. Then press send. Hope classes are off to a good start for everyone.