Hello All in Special Education!

If you were not able to stop by our gathering in the Commons last
Thursday, we missed you!  It was quite enjoyable, and thanks to all
who came to mingle with faculty and peers.

A couple updates for the rest of you:

If you are a Special Education Major, you received an e-mail about
the new Praxis II practice Blackboard site developed by Dr. Southern
and Lori Tanner.  This is a fabulous resource for you to prepare for
Praxis as you ready to take it your senior year.  I've had quite few
students stop in and ask when it is taken.  Once again, senior year,
at the date of your choosing.  If you need more information, e-mail
me or stop by in my office , 201 McGuffey.

Dr. Leah Wasburn-Moses is putting together a trip to Louisville for
the annual Council for Exceptional Children conference April
18-21.  This is one of the premier professional organizations in
special education.  If you think you might be interested in receiving
information about attending, please send an e-mail to me or Dr. Wasburn-Moses.
(MKE: [log in to unmask]   OR  LWM: [log in to unmask])

Additionally, if you would be interested in participating in a Miami
Student Council for Exceptional Children organization, please let me
know via e-mail.

If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2007 or Spring 2008,
student teaching applications are available in 207 McGuffey.  They
will be accepted in this same office on January 17, January 18, and
January 24, and not before.  You have plenty of time, but picking one
up soon gives you lots of time to prepare it.

See you soon!
Molly Kelly-Elliott