REGARDING REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SEMESTER:

Students, I am receiving e-mails expressing concerns about class availability.  We are aware of this issue and know the classes are filling up fast.  Please contact the professor of the class you wish to take and explain your particular need for the class.  If you have other options of class selection, I suggest you look for back up classes to your first choices that are closed, e.g. if you still need to complete some Miami Plan classes or Thematic Sequence classes.  If the class is something you must have this semester due to graduation or classes taken in sequence, please specify that to the professor of the class.
We will do everything in our power to accommodate you according to need and urgency.

REGARDING MIDDLE CHILDHOOD CONTENT BLOCK FIELD PLACEMENT:

If you are a M/M  & M/I major who is in field in Hamilton right now, please read:

I know the placements in grades 7-9 create some difficulty in completing the language arts assignments your EDT professors are assigning.  This is due to the fact that in these grades, teaching becomes more consultative and content area-specific.
You are all juniors and have good social skills and problem solving ability.  Please speak with your cooperating teacher and try to problem solve with her/him.  Ask if there is another teacher who would be willing to allow you to spend some time in her/his class to complete the assignments.  I believe the professors in EDT are aware of your difficulties and will be cooperative with you, but you must make the effort to communicate with your host teacher and explain your needs.
If there is a serious irresolvable dilemma, please contact me and I will speak with the district coordinator.
Remember, nothing's perfect!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

MKE