Hello Everyone!

The Miami University Student Council for Exceptional Children (MU SCEC) is having a meeting: Thursday, October 4th @ 7:30pm in the McGuffey Commons on the second floor. We will be meeting the officers, discussing dues, membership, programs, service projects, and fundraising, as well as promoting our trip in April to the national conference in Boston. There will be an open discussion for all in attendance on these issues. The officers have been working hard and are really excited about this chapter and ready to rebuild this organization at Miami University. If you are interested in joining the MU SCEC listserv, please go to http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/muscec.html.

To be a member of MUSCEC, you need to join the National Council for Exceptional Children. All Miami students and faculty are invited to join. We will have applications available at the meeting or you can join online at www.cec.sped.org (make sure to join the Miami University chapter: 0739). The cost is $56 if you join by October 31st. Bring a check or credit card and we can take your application at the meeting. Our Miami chapter also asks that its members pay $10 in dues. Dues will go toward the collective costs of our group’s events.

Please come to the meeting on October 4th and bring anyone who might be interested in joining or has any questions about the organization.

We look forward to seeing you!

Beth Longshore

MU SCEC President

Feel free to email any questions, comments, or concerns.