Dear First Year Students,

For the fall of 2009, we have a unique opportunity available to 15 special education pre-majors.

We have arranged for 15 students to participate in the Early Field Block with the middle childhood majors. In this block you would have the opportunity to be out in a school placement in the mornings for two to four weeks throughout the semester, during which time your “block” classes (listed below) would not meet.

This would mean you would take the following:

EDT 246M section A or B

EDP 256 section C

EDL 318M

EDP 220

Total: 10 hours

This would involve a morning field experience during parts of the semester, when you would be out in a school placement arranged for you.

For this reason, you would not be able to take any other morning classes (before 12:30) but you would be able to take other afternoon or evening classes to fill your schedule.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please let me know and send your Banner plus # to me. You will not be able to register for the EDT 246 or EDL 318M class. I will have to send your name and Banner plus # to EDT and they will enroll you.

PLEASE REPLY BY APRIL 6, 2009.

mke