News for Education Majors

From: Career Services [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:43 PM
To: Kelly-Elliott, Molly MEd Ms.
Subject: News for Education Majors

Please mark these important dates on your calendar.

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
JOB-SEARCH BASICS FOR TEACHER CANDIDATES

Resumes & Cover Letters
Date: Tues., Oct. 6
Time: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Location: Shriver MPR-BC

Making Employer Contacts & Interviewing
Date: Wed., Oct. 21
Time: 5:30-7 p.m.
Location: Shriver Heritage Room

REGISTRATION PROCEDURES & ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEWING

Attend an Orientation to learn about Miami CAREERlink. The Orientation is mandatory only for teacher candidates who wish to interview for non-teaching positions on campus.

A complete Orientation schedule is available.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

The Career Services Web site for Teacher Candidates and the Career Development Series booklet Employment Guide for Teacher Candidates provide useful information on preparing for your job search. Optimal Resume (student ID/password login required) is a comprehensive, web-based application for students to create, present, and manage professional resumes.

We will send additional newsletters throughout the year to inform you of upcoming workshops and events of particular interest to education majors. We hope you will take advantage of our services to help you achieve success in your job search.

Miami University
CAREER SERVICES
200 Hoyt Hall · Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-3831