From: Dr. Lisa D. Weems [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:35 PM
Subject: Black Arts Symposium: 20102066662

CHeck this out - this event should be HOT! THis is a fabulous list of scholar artists!

Dear Colleagues & Friends,

Good afternoon. I'm writing to cordially invite you to an inter-disciplinary discussion about black literary, visual, and performance art, which will take place on Thursday, April 8, 2010 in the MacMillan Hall Great Room (2nd floor). Would you please spread the word and encourage your students to attend this event? (I'm forwarding a flyer as an attached document to this message).

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!,

Tammy

**************************************

The Black World Studies Program Presents:

Black Arts Roundtable
Thursday, April 8, 2010:
4:30—6:00PM
MacMillan Hall Great Room (2nd floor)

Panelists:
Adrian Gaskins: Salsa & Hip-hop Music
Assistant Professor, Black World Studies & American Studies Program

Lindsay Grace: Video Games
Assistant Professor, Interactive Media Studies Program

Tammy Kernodle: Jazz & Soul Music
Associate Professor, School of Fine Arts: Music

Gene Metcalf: Politics of Art
Professor, American Studies Program

Ellen Price: Printmaking
Professor, School of Fine Arts: Art

Moderator:
Tammy Brown: Poetry, Painting, & Photography
Assistant Professor, Black World Studies Program & Department of History

All are welcome and encouraged to attend.

Tammy L. Brown, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Black World Studies Program and Department of History
120 McMillan Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056