From our colleague Dr. Amity Noltemeyer ([log in to unmask]). If interested please contact her! Sincerely, Dr. Leah

Some of our profs coordinate a group of undergraduate students to participate in the BCSP internship experience.  If you did not know, BCSP was designed to assist students in grades K-6 (and their families) who qualify for Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF).  The BCSP follows an holistic case management approach centered around 15 liaisons assigned to work in one or more of the 40 participating schools across 8 school districts in Butler County OH, in order to assess and help families meet basic non-cognitive needs (e.g., parental involvement/supervision, access to health care, childcare, healthy food, transportation and service utilization, and financial services/resources).

For this semester, we still need four additional undergraduate students who are interested in acquiring experience with assessment/program evaluation and working within a school setting.  These students register for three independent study credit hours (these hours can be through FSW or EDP).  They are provided with training and matched with aBCSP school liaison (full-time employee providing social work type services).  Their responsibilities include administering achievement tests to children, conducting parent interviews, and other tasks related to evaluating BCSP(e.g., data entry).  They also may have the opportunity to shadow the liaison and participate in other professional growth activities, such as assisting with social service programs and going on home visits.  The students need to be able to dedicate at least one full day or two half days to the program each week, and also need to have transportation.  Although it is an unpaid experience, they will likely be reimbursed for at least $200 of their mileage.