Dear Students,

The Miami University Student Council for Exceptional Children has a long
and rich tradition of membership and participation. This is the student
chapter of our primary national professional organization, Council for
Exceptional Children. Please click on the link below and go to "ABOUT US"
to read about the CEC mission and vision.  https://www.cec.sped.org

Our student chapter is well known at the national conference and we have
even had seniors sign contracts for jobs with recruiting school districts
while attending!  The chapter has many functions. Some include:
Bringing in local speakers to talk with the chapter about issues regarding
special education and related topics
Providing local service such as assisting in building an adaptive
playground or volunteering to attend "the Prom" with students who have
developmental differences
Fundraising to help juniors and seniors attend the national conference
(this year in Philadelphia, April 9-12)

This year the group is in need of new officers. Are you interested?  This
is a wonderful leadership opportunity and offers a great resume builder as
well. If you believe you are a collaborator, able to be welcoming to all
members, and would like to serve as a vice president, treasurer, secretary
or president, please email our new faculty member, Dr. Sarah Watt, at
You can make this year in SCEC whatever you can imagine!

Sincerely,
Molly Kelly-Elliott and the Special Education Faculty

--
Molly Kelly-Elliott, M.Ed., ABD
Clinical Faculty, Department of Educational Psychology