SPEDNET FRIENDS,
Our student and special education major, Lexi Orlando, is trying to help a Cincinnati family who is experiencing significant duress right now so I told her I would share this with all of you. Please read below if you are interested / able to assist.
Sincerely,
Molly

Hello everyone, the family who I babysat for this summer has experienced a lot of heartache and hurt during the past few weeks. Maurizio, as many of you know, was the little boy I babysat for this summer who has autism. I recently found out that he lost his father a few days before thanksgiving. My heart goes out to him and his mother during the holiday season. I have been thinking all day about what I can do to help their family during this critical and traumatic time. Considering all of the time his mother has had to take off work, I wanted to donate as much as I can so that she can make it through the holiday season without worrying too much about the financial aspects. This loss has been a lot to take in for their family and I want to do something special for them. If anyone has any donations whether it’s toys (he loves super heroes) or small money donations, everything is much appreciated. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. You can send me an email or text me at 513-532-3041. Thanks!

Lexi
--
Molly Kelly-Elliott, M.Ed., ABD
Clinical Faculty, Department of Educational Psychology