Hello Seniors!
If you are not student teaching first semester, we have an opportunity for an independent study internship for those of you who are interested.

This is a collaboration between Ross Local Schools and Miami University Special Education Program to give students an additional opportunity to engage with students in school. The focus of this internship is emotional and behavioral disorders and for some may involve particpation in an Employability Skills class.
This opportunity would earn three credit hours and require your commitment to:
1.) Be in Ross HS or MS two days per week (hours are listed below)
2.) Commit to finding a common time to attend an orientation and three seminars about working with students with emotional or behavioral disorders conducted by the special education director at Ross (time to be determined) at Ross or at Miami
3.) Complete readings and reflections on your experiences.

HOURS:
Ross High School:  7:20-10:25 OR 10:30-2:10
"Miami students will have an opportunity to work with students who have multiple needs, behavior, social, academics and organization.  In some cases at the high they may have the opportunity to work one-on-one or in small groups re-teaching and assessing students."

Ross Middle School:  12:30-3
"these students will have the majority of their time working with students who have emotional and behavioral concerns."

If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity next fall, please notify me this week and we can register you for an independent study seminar.
Email me at [log in to unmask] - do NOT reply to this email.

Sincerely,
MKE

--
Molly Kelly-Elliott, M.Ed., ABD
Clinical Faculty, Department of Educational Psychology