I am excited to share that this July we are hosting a week-long college experience at Miami for students who are transition age with disabilities.
This summer experience is the first of future programs that we hope to develop and grow into a fully inclusive full-time college experience for students with intellectual disabilities here at Miami.
The goal for this summer is for eight to 10 participants to enjoy and experience college life here at Miami and help promote independence and self-determination as they transition from high school. We week will be full of classes, activities, outings, and fun. We are looking for Miami students who would be interested in participating in the program as a full or part-time volunteer. The program will begin on the afternoon of Sunday, July 12th and end on the evening of Friday, July 17th. Participants and full-time volunteers will stay in the new Beechwoods Residence Hall on Western.  There are many ways you can volunteer, from being a roommate with a participant in the dorm for the week to attending or planning classes and/or activities during the day.
We are hosting a planning session for volunteers and an informational session for volunteers, participants, and families during the afternoon and evening of May 8th.
I truly hope you'll join us this summer to learn, have fun, and help promote inclusion!
Attached are full and part-time applications for volunteers the program. Please submit these to me by May 1st via email to [log in to unmask] or my mailbox in 201 McGuffey.
Thanks,
Ashley

Ashley Cartell Johnson

Clinical Faculty, M.Ed., BCBA