Still a few places for fall! Sincerely, Dr. Leah

Summer 2017 Fully Online May 16--June 24
Course: PSY320V: Psychology of Happiness Around the World
CRN: 36093
Instructor: Dr. Carrie Hall
*Please email the instructor to register if you haven't taken PSY294.

In this course, we will explore what happiness is, factors that affect
happiness, and differences in how various cultures define and pursue
happiness. We will conduct this exploration through a variety of readings,
videos, discussions, and assignments.

Throughout the course we will specifically learn about:

   -

   Differences in how cultures define and value happiness
   -

   The role of health in happiness
   -

   Happiness and social relationships (emphasis on differences across
   cultures)
   -

   Whether the state of flow is universal across cultures
   -

   Features of work environments that impact happiness (emphasis on
   relationships between culture and the role work is expected to play in
   one’s happiness)
   -

   The impact of money on happiness
   -

   The impact of religiosity on happiness
   -

   Psychological set point for happiness
   - Differences in affective forecasting across cultures

--

*Carrie E. Hall, Ph. D.University Studies Advisor*

*Psychology Advisor for International StudentsPsychology DepartmentMiami
University of Ohio*

Click here to make an office hours appt: https://dr-hall-
advising-appts.reservio.com/