ACM Archives

October 1998

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ann Sobel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association for Computing Machinery at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:44:50 -0400
ACM gets notified of activities held outside of our organization.  These
are occurring in the near future:

> Spice of life coffee houses are held on Saturdays from 8pm -11:30pm.
Oct 24 it's at scott hall, Nov. 21 it's at Flower hall.

>The thrd annual friends student essay competition: Exploring Immigration
and our National Identity.  Students will have until Dec 1, 1998 to submit
entries.  Entries must be typewritten and may not be over 2000.
Submissions should be addressed to Jerome U. conley, Rm 204 King Library.
First prize winners: $500, Second prize winners: $250.  Call 9-3934 for
information, Jerome U. Conley.

>Field of Dreams Softball Tournament on Saturday, Nov 7.  Signup deadline
is Fri, Oct 23.  Call Kristin Zimmer (664-7329) or Frank Tropiano
(664-8151) for Q's.

with our name imprint on them. www.promote-u.com

>Teach for America info coffee house: Oct 8 at 7pm in the Shriver
Multipurpose Room.  Contact Jenny at 664-6481

>CAC wants our club to nominate an outstanding parent.  Send nominations
to:
office of Student Activities
Parents Weekend Committee
Outstanding Parent Representative(s)
372 Shriver

>deadline to join Golden Key National Honor Society is Oct 15, 1998.

>Last chance to win a jeep cherokee is thru Oct 6th.  Oct 6th, 25 names
will be drawn to "kiss the car."