ACM Archives

April 2014

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 19:03:19 -0400
Hi all,

Next week we will be doing a workshop on Python. This will be the first workshop that will take multiple weeks to complete as Python is obviously fairly complex.

The first workshop will focus on some of the basic elements of Python that should get you familiarized with how the language works and how it differs from other languages you know such as Java.

Following the first workshop, we will take a week off from Python and Dr Karro will be leading a workshop on the Emacs text editor. This will be very important for the future Python tutorials so make sure you attend this as well! There is no date or time set for this one yet, however.

The first Python workshop will be Thursday April 10 at 8pm. Make sure to be there!

In the meantime - I hope you all attend to Alumni Conference on Friday as well as the pre-conference event at Skippers on Thursday!

Thanks,

Kyle