ACM Archives

April 2005

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Frager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association for Computing Machinery at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:14:35 -0400
Attn: ACM

I have a suggestion, let's make the ACM a completely virtual organization.
I don't really think it is necessary to have a lan party because the
same setup is available at people's dorms and houses, 24 hours a day.
We can conduct ACM business via this list. Until we have real content
for events, it is pointless to try to hold them. I just don't think
there is really a lot of demand for a lan party on campus, it's just
too much work for the exact same internet experience for people to be
interested in. I actually think the ACM will be much more effective as
a internet-based organization anyway.

Thad, go ahead and persue ACM Chapter Recertification, this should be easy.

Thanks,

-Mike