ACM Archives

August 2005

ACM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Frager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association for Computing Machinery at Miami University <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:29:55 -0400
Hello,

I think instead of having a physical meeting, we should have an online
meeting. We should set up an IRC chat server or something like that
and have our meeting online. We are the ACM of course.

If you want to meet in person, then I want there to be something
specific for us to do. Like say, set up a server in Room 12 (the
downstairs server room) or perhaps listen to a boring speaker from
Microsoft. But, no more meetings with no agenda, where we sit around
and talk about how to get more members! I think we have enough members
already, what we need to have more of is active projects.

I would be glad to assist in doing an inventory of our equiptment, we
should store this in a database and make it accessable to ACM members
and other students, organizations and faculty.

My final goal for this sememest I talked to Jeff Toaddy about, that is
the "semester-long cluster uptime challenge". He'll need the support
of Dr. Campbell and Micah the Network Guy to make it happen. Can he do
it?

Also, I suggest that we set up a UT2004 dedicated server.

Laterz,

-Mike