ADHS Archives

March 2008

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"K. Austin Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:17:01 -0400
I observe once again a mistake.  The name of the WCTU was (and, I think,
still is) the Woman's Christian Temperance Union.  I have not looked at
this matter for some decades now, but as I recall the choice of the
possessive "Woman's Crusade" and Woman's Christian Temperance Union was
not accidental.  It meant something important to the organizers,
leaders, and, presumably, members.

--
K. Austin Kerr
Professor Emeritus of History