ADHS Archives

August 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
M Platts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 15:15:09 -0700
Greetings! no this is not E.T. But martin platts from the university of
louisville.
I am presently writing the first volume on the history of alcohol,
anybody that knows people who can advise, libraries to visit, books to
obtain or simply chat online, then I would be most grateful.In time I
will explain what the project which is expected to take at least eight
years to write, in more detail. For the moment, I am writing the history
of alcohol in China, India, Japan, and Russia.There is more to it than
that, but despite these present topics, please feel free to update me
with anything about alcohol you may have I could use. I do expect the
final product to be around four volumes. 850-1000 pages each one.This is
to give you some idea how serious I am about requiring your assistance
in this matter. Thankyou.