ADHS Archives

September 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:08:02 -0700
One of the reasons I spent so much time setting up a scenario the other
day was the hope some of you would "bite" This in turn would lead to
much valued references for all of us during a citation to support an
opinion. It seems ,so far, no-one has. This is strange since we are all
supposed to be of a learned nature and debate is the best form of
education.
Finally, can someone tell me about Maurice Chenier. Apparently he wrote
the history of wine, last ten thousand years but there is not a single
reference to anything he cites in his book? Very strange.
Who is he?
His prohibition section is fascinating, but I am more interested in his
work of the ancient world, Martin Platts  h.c.i.m.a.