ADHS Archives

January 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jessy Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:13:51 -0800
I know that most of Martha's Vineyard (an island off the coast of
Massachusetts) is dry -- you can buy liquor in Oak Bluffs, but not, I
believe, in Vineyard Haven, Chilmark, or Menemsha. Edgartown is a toss-up.

Ocean Grove, New Jersey, is also dry.

I'd hope there is a more systematic way to get an answer to this question,
but I can't find an answer in any of the reference sources that are easily
available to me. Maybe you should try the reference desk at a university
library or big public library?

-- Jessy Randall

>>On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, jonathan highfield wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if  you had any information on exsisting dry counties in
>>> the U.S. How many are still out there and where they are located.Any
>>> information you could help me with on dry counties would greatly be
>>> appreciated..Thank you for your time.

Jessy Randall
Library Company of Philadelphia
1314 Locust Street Philadelphia, PA 19107
http://www.librarycompany.org