ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Warsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 09:46:13 PST
Hi folks. I just read 31 messages on David Fahey's service and now I'll
be late for class. And they say that tardiness is only the beginning of
alcohol's problems.

I have been doing work on alcohol abuse among women in Canada, although
the sources are also British and American. Cathy Bogart might want to
have a look at David Gutzke's work (which he could cite more quickly
than I could) as well as my article recently published in my
collection: Drink in Canada:Historical Essays (McGill-Queen's Press).

I am now working on alcohol and tobacco advertising in North America
from the 1920s to the 1950s to determine the influence of mass media
on the acceptance of women's use of these substances. I would
appreciate references.

Also, any Canadian scholars or scholars of Canadian alcohol topics:
As SHAR's new Canadian editor for citations, I would appreciate
references to your (or other) recent publications.

Cheryl Krasnick Warsh
Department of History
Malaspina University College
900 Fifth Street
Nanaimo, British Columbia, V9R 5S5 Canada