ADHS Archives

November 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"K. Austin Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:25:16 -0500
I very much appreciate the link that David Fahey passed along to the
Guardian article, "Under the Influence," about the problems of alcohol
consumption in Britain today.

The article mentioned that there are recent developments in western Europe
to control the marketing of alcohol through such measures as restrictions
on advertising.  I am wondering if anyone knows of readily available
discussions (in English) of recent trends in Europe toward enhancing public
controls over the marketing of alcoholic beverages.

K. Austin Kerr                   e-mail [log in to unmask]
Professor Emeritus of History             office (614)292-2613
Ohio State University            department  292-2674
Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA         fax    (614)292-2282