ADHS Archives

February 1997

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:01:47 -0500
As a matter of fact, I have just spoken with one of the special
collections librarians at Brown, Mary Jo Kline, about using this
collection. It is in the process of being catalogued. Apparently, it is a
veritable treasure trove of alcohol and temperance materials -- tracts,
novels, posters, scientific temperance materials, books on treatment and
more -- from the 17th (?) century on, also a lot of twentieth-century AA
stuff.  Unfortunately, I don't have the phone number handy, but will post
it later today, when I'm back at my home office. I hope to get to the
collection this winter or spring.  Perhaps I should post a research note
about this archival source in SHAR?

Sarah Tracy
Research Associate
Rutgers University