ADHS Archives

June 1999

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:50:18 -0400
A couple of years ago I ran across a supposedly current address for the
Independent Order of Good Samaritans in Richmond, Virginia.  A friend who
checked the address never located anybody at the alleged office.  If there
are any Samaritan lodges in existence, most likely they function as local
African American fraternal societies and not as temperance organizations.