ADHS Archives

February 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Margaret Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:53:49 GMT
The IAS is better known historically as the United Kingdom Alliance.
I have used their library frequently and have found it a valuable
source of 19th century books and journals.

Unfortunately the IAS has made its librarian redundant and is
intending to parcel up the library and use the space for other
purposes. This will be a sad loss as temperance collections are not
numerous in the UK and this is exceptionally well stocked.

I am intending to write to the Institute to make a plea for continued
access to the collection is some form or other. If any members of
this list have used the library could they contact me so I can
present evidence of its value to the Institute.

Many thanks for you help.

Margaret Barrow

Margaret Barrow
Joule Library